Gordon Smith Relays
- 1st team Morpeth Harriers (Gemma Floyd, Helen King, Jane Hodgson) 35:32
- 2nd team Gosforth Harriers (Susan Driscoll, Sarah Katie Mellor) 37:00
- 3rd team North Shields Poly (C Penfold, C Maley, A Smith) 37:11
- Fastest senior Katie Mellor (Gosforth)11:36
- Fastest vet Jane Hodgson (Morpeth) 11:15
- 1st team Morpeth Harriers (Sam Hancox, Ian Hudspith, Mark Long) 29:12
- 2nd team Tyne Bridge Harriers (Terry Scott, Carl Smith, James Dunce) 29:20
- 3rd team Morpeth Harriers (George Lowry, John Butters, Kris Smith) 29:32
- Fastest senior George Lowry and James Dunce 9:32
- Fastest vet Ian Hudspith (Morpeth) 9:49
The 2018 Gordon Smith Relays take place on Wednesday 9th May
Gordon Smith was a former chairman of Wallsend Harriers and made a distinctive mark on the club. He and his good friend Terry O’Gara (also a former chairman) both had an acute sense of the social and communal benefits of sport and possessed the famous Geordie values of ‘work hard, play hard’.
This popular relay event is held annually over a largely traffic-free course.
3×2 miles. £15 per team.
7pm start for Women, 7:45pm for Men
- Men’s – min age is 16, but one of the team must be a V40 or older.
- Women’s – min age is 16, but one of the team must be a V35 or older.
We have a total limit of 168 teams across both teams, so get your entries in quick!
please note: there are no changing facilities available.
Read full 2018 prospectus here.
The Relays will be held at the West Allotment County Park, Silverlink North.
There are prizes for:
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd men’s team
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd women’s team
- Fastest senior, fastest veteran man
- Fastest senior, fastest veteran woman
Race Day Information
18:00 – Number collection
Spud and Lettuce Café, Cobalt Business Park, Silver Fox Way, NE27 0QJ
Google Maps Location
19:00 – Ladies Event Begins
19:45 – Mens Event Begins
20:30 (approx) – Prize Presentations & Buffet
Available close to Race HQ at Cobalt Unit 30
Read all about it and see results from 2017 here.
Read all about it and see results from 2016 here.