Winter Grand Prix 2019 / 2020
The Winter Grand Prix (WGP) is a series of races which are run from September through to March.
As well as our own 3 mile handicap races; the series comprises a variety of popular regional events, including the North Eastern Harrier League (NEHL).
Our reigning WGP champion is Michael Lindsay.
Our own 5 WGP handicap races take place around Cobalt Business Park, starting from the West Allotment Country Park Car Park (opposite the Village Hotel).
They take place on a Tuesday evening, meeting at 6:30pm for a 6:45pm start.
The dates for this years WGP handicap races are as follows;
- Tues 15th October
- Tues 12th November
- Tues 3rd December (Doug Bramley Trophy)
- Tues 7th January
- Tues 18th March
The following events will also count towards WGP scoring:
- NEHL 1, Wrekenton – Sat 28th Sept
NEHL 2, Druridge Bay – Sun 6th Oct– Cancelled NEHL 3, Lambton Estate – Sat 26th Oct– Cancelled
- Leeds Abbey Dash 10k – Sun 27th Oct
Gibside Fruit Bowl – Sun 3rd Nov (TBC)– Not held
- Heaton Memorial 10k – Sun 10th Nov
- Brampton to Carlisle – Sun 17th Nov
- NEHL 4, Aykley Heads – Sat 23rd Nov
- North East XC Champs – Sat 14th Dec
- New Years Day 5 mile – Wed 1st Jan
- Sherman Cup XC, Temple Park – Sat 4th Jan
- Brass Monkey Half – Sunday 12th Jan
- Birtley XC Relays – Sunday 19th Jan
- Northern XC Champs – Sat 25th Jan
- NEHL 5, Thornley Hall Farm – Sat 8th Feb
- Signal Relays – Sat 15th Feb
- National XC Champs – Sat 22nd Feb
- NEHL 6, Alnwick Castle – Sat 29th Feb
- North of England 6 & 12 Stage Relays – Sun 22nd March
- Any one marathon during the WGP series
Scoring is a combined total of:
- 3 x best WGP races
- 3 x best Road, Trail & Relay races
- 8pts per NEHL and XC participation
- 5pts for pack promotion in NEHL
- Ladies; 15pts for 3+ NEHL events and promotion to Div 1
- Gents; 15pts for 3+ NEHL events and remaining in Div 1
The full table of WGP fixtures is here.