Summer Grand Prix 2019
The Summer Grand Prix (SGP) is a series of races which are run from April through to August.
As well as our own two mile handicap races; the series comprises a variety of popular and challenging events, including the Wallsend Harriers Club Championship – which is the pinnacle of our own club racing calendar.
Our reigning SGP champion is Graham Armstrong.
The 4 SGP handicap races take place around the tracks of the Rising Sun Country Park, starting at the Barking Dog.
They usually take place on a Tuesday evening, where we gather at 6.30pm with a 6.45pm start.
The dates for this years SGP handicap races are as follows:
The following events will also count towards SGP scoring:
- Blyth 10k – Sun 7th April
- Sand Dancer 10k – Sun 14th April
- Good Friday Relays – Friday 19th April
- North Tyneside 10k – Sun 21st April
- Terry O’Gara Memorial 5k – Sun 28th April
- Gordon Smith Relays – Wed 8th May
- Raby Castle 10k – Sun 12th May
- Les Allcorn 10k – Tues 14th May
- Clive Cookson 10k – Wed 15th May
- Track & Field 1, Leeds – Sun 19th May
- Pier to Pier – Sun 19th May
- Blaydon Race – Sun 9th June
- Track & Field 2, Middlesbrough – Sun 16th June
- Weetslade Relays – Wed 19th June
- Bridges of the Tyne – Tues 2nd July
- Sunderland 5k – Thu 11th July
- Track & Field 3, Morpeth – Sun 14th July
- Club Championships – Tue 16th July
- Track & Field 4, Whitley Bay – Sat 10th August
- Quayside 5k – Wed 21st August
- Watergate 5k – Thu 29th August
- Any 1 Marathon ran between April and August
Scoring is a combined total of:
- Your 2 best SGP races
- Your 4 best Road, Relay or Marathon races
- 10pts per participation at a Track & Field event, as an athlete or official