Winter Grand Prix 2018 / 2019
The Winter Grand Prix (WGP) is a series of races which are run from September through to March.
As well as our own 3 mile handicap races; the series comprises a variety of popular regional events, including the North Eastern Harrier League (NEHL).
The reigning WGP champion is Julie Williams.
Our own 5 WGP handicap races take place around Cobalt Business Park, starting from the West Allotment Country Park Car Park (opposite the Village Hotel).
They take place on a Tuesday evening, meeting at 6:30pm for a 6:45pm start.
The dates for this years WGP handicap races are as follows;
- Tues 16th October
- Tues 6th November
- Tues 11th December (Doug Bramley Trophy)
- Tues 8th January
- Tues 12th March (moved from the 19th to accommodate the AGM)
The following events will also count towards WGP scoring:
- NEHL 1, Wrekenton – Sat 29th Sept
- NEHL 2, Druridge Bay – Sun 7th Oct
- NEHL 3, Gosforth Park – Sat 27th Oct
- Gibside Fruit Bowl – Sun 4th Nov
- Heaton Memorial 10k – Sun 11th Nov
- NEHL 4, Aykley Heads – Sat 17th Nov
- Brampton to Carlisle – Sun 18th Nov
- North East XC Champs – Sat 8th Dec
Norman Woodcock Relays – Sat 15th Dec
- New Years Day parkrun – Tues 1st Jan
- Cathedral Relays – Sunday 13th Jan
- NEHL 5, Thornley Hall Farm – Sat 9th Feb
Royal Signal Relays – Sat 16th Feb– Postponed / Cancelled
- NEHL 6, Alnwick Castle – Sat 2nd Mar
- Any one marathon during the WGP series
Scoring is a combined total of:
- 3 x best WGP races
- 3 x best Road, Trail & Relay races
- 5pts per NEHL and North East XC Champs participation
- 5pts for pack promotion in NEHL
- Ladies; 10pts for 3+ NEHL events and promotion to Div 2
- Gents; 10pts for 3+ NEHL events and remaining in Div 1
The full table of WGP fixtures is here.
Additional information on the NEHL and other XC Championships can be found here.